Fire Alert 🛰️🔥
Fires in the last 30 days 📊
🔔 Telegram Channel: t.me/allerta_incendi_sicilia
This information is not to be used for the preservation of life or property. Please refer to your local emergency services.
- The fire map updates every 2 to 4 hours, depending on satellite availability.
- Satellites detect heat sources above a certain temperature. Most hotspots are detected fires.
- If the satellite cannot see the ground through, for example, smoke and clouds, a fire won’t be detected.
- The accuracy of the fire location is within 2km. At the edge of satellite images, the location can be up to 5kms out.
- Please read the NASA disclaimer about using FIRMS data.
Support this page 🤲
Do you want to know more about Fire Alert? These are some blog posts about it:
If you feel like it, you can help too! By subscribing to my blog, you will contribute to future improvements of Fire Alert and you will support me in sustaining some of its operating costs. It's completely optional, but it would mean the world to me!
We acknowledge the use of data and/or imagery from NASA's Fire Information for Resource Management System (FIRMS) (https://earthdata.nasa.gov/firms), part of NASA's Earth Observing System Data and Information System (EOSDIS).